Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thought from a three year old . . .

My father died in 1982 of lung cancer, my oldest daughter was 3 1/2  ~ her son/my grandson is now the same age as she when we lost Daddy.  Apparently Jil has shared pictures of him with Wesley as we were at my Mom's and I ask Wesley if he knew who was in the picture I gave to my Mother. To my surprise, he quickly responded "Stanley-Pop."  Well, both names were right and knowing Wesley when Jil told him he was Pop (her grandfather) the next words from his mouth must have been, what is his name.   Ahhhh . . .  what a memory Wesley !!!

Then on Saturday, my Mother's family gathered for a Tyler reunion in celebration of my Grandmother's life as a  Mother of 9 children, 25 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren and 3 great-great granchildren ~ she was so proud!  Mom Tyler lost her battle with ovarian cancer last November.  A very short battle but at 96 who would ever think this is what would take your life?)  Wesley called my grandmother "Mom Tyler" just as we did and does still remember her.


One of my cousins put together a very touching movie of the last reunion we shared with Mom last August and once the movie was over, Wesley took my hand ... the picture tells the story.


What a questions, a special thought to hold on to and it makes me smile :O)

0 comments: